Monday, February 8, 2016

1 Prayer Many Answers

Ghana is going great. I love the mission life. such a great life but one of the hardest to live... Having "exact obedience" is not easy but just always striving to do my best and the lord always takes care of the rest. 

For a while now I have been asking if this is really where I'm supposed to be If I am worthy of this mission call and serving the mission call?... this question I know has come to your mind, all of us ask if were doing the right thing or if were on the right path. but I have had the opportunity to literally "see" the answers from the lord.

A few experiences we had this week was We were in the market and I had to go to a seamstress to fix the zipper on my bag... as we were walking up to the shop an older gentleman called us over that had a table and had a sewing machine and asked " what can I help you fix"?  I was confused but showed him by bag and what needed to be fixed he took it and said don't worry I'll take care of it.... We went back 3 hours later and this nice old man who spoke way good English had the bag finished and didn't make me pay anything??  way nice guy!! going back there and looking for him to thank him again. no one knows the man or anything about any man being on the side of that shop?? I haven't seen him since.... now it doesn't seem like much but as I think about it I feel strongly it was someone watching out for me... haven't seen the guy since and he didn't even charge me what should have been 10-15 cedi’s...??  
The next day we were out proselyting and going to appointments and everything was falling through. No one was home or we were just getting excuses... but on this hot day as it is every day. we walked a way to a member’s house who we felt impressed to see. she was deaf and her husband is a member active.... she has been sealed to him and just doesn't come to church because she is deaf and has no way of learning anything... with me knowing small sign language and my companion who is very good she invited us in and we discussed... some big family problems with her and the husband and I could just sit in the 10-year-old girls face who was sitting by me helping translate... tears came to her and I could just see she was really struggling.... in that very moment I knew that this is where I am supposed to be .... everything happens for a reason and me and Elder Powell are supposed to help this family and many others... This is where I'm supposed to be and I know the lord had cancelled all those appointments so we could meet with Sister Johnson just before she was about to leave... Really was touching and hit me like a brick wall... the spirit.... this is where I was supposed to be... The lord is literally putting these people in our path way. and we are so important. we plant a seed in everyone just through a smile or a wave. we are told to talk to everyone... because at some point everyone will come to see the light and the truth... " light always overcomes darkness...."

The last one that was similar was on Saturday. We had been walking for 2 hours contacting. and contacting here consists of going out of your way talk to them and see if they speak English instead of just Twi.... No one was giving us the time of day and we were both starting to get discouraged because people wouldn't even respond to a greeting as we passed. we were just getting ignored.... the sun was scorching hot and nothing but dust. it wasn't helping the situation at all. but we pressed forward and decided to sit and just listen because we were not going where the lord wanted us and we knew we needed to see someone that was waiting for us. I told Elder Powell ... alright you lead us. as we walked down a dirt road we have been down what seemed a thousand times we came across a man staring at his bible and a BLUE BOOK? we passed and thought nothing of it until I just stopped and said "Elder Powell we need to talk to that guy".... we went back and as we came to him... He was staring at a Book of Mormon. a friend had given to him and didn't know much about it... What a blessing. he invited his brother and they sat and listened...  

Just goes to show everything happens for a reason... the lord does things in his way which is the best way. he loves us enough to go through these small challenges just until he knows we are about to give up after trying so hard. he opens up the path to us if we are looking for him... if we look for him in all things we will begin to see he is really there... Now you can take these experiences and say well it happened by chance... no it happened by "choice".... the lord meant it for to be that way... He knows our hearts and how much we can handle... he will NEVER give you something you can't overcome... With him anything is possible but I’m sorry I see this today. just believing in him is not enough... we have to "show " that we believe in him... That is where faith comes in... I invite all of you to look to him this week and ask him if he is there.... and just wait, watch, listen, and feel... HE IS THERE>........ I know that to be true...
Africa is good... not easy mission is kicking my butt and my pride... I come to see how prideful I am every day and the small things I need to improve... It’s hot here all the time and that doesn't help with walking! But all is well. I'm grateful for everything I have here... we all take for granted what we have like washing machines. warm showers. carpet. food. cars. paved roads.... forks.... sauce... we have so much... be thankful for what you have because someone out there is praying for those small things you don't even notice....  
Thank you for the support and prayers they really do help. Thanks for watching out for my family for me while I'm gone... I'm praying for you all and I love you ....


I wear this name with pride...
Love you all so much 

ELDER HILL

No comments:

Post a Comment