Monday, February 1, 2016

We are Living the Best Life

This week was a big eye opener in a lot of ways... One of them is I feel we don’t realize how much we really do have. not just tangible. but in many ways we don't see.... 
An experience I had this week helped me to see my purpose and how we have something other don't... 
We were out contacting on a hot day as usual ha-ha and we were going to see a referral but we weren't sure the house ... guessing which house to go up to see if it was the right house. Walking up to one of them that we felt was it, well it wasn't the referral but it was someone god had prepared for us... I didn't realize it until we started teaching him but he had a knowledge of the church small from what he had heard so he said " If I grab your chairs will you teach me"? His name is Gideon and is like 18... Teaching this young man who didn't even have shoes. a beat up bible and as we taught he was so serious and took the message to heart, you could see it in his eyes....

We have something that this guy didn't or that others don't have. It simply is the truth. this gospel. We share that Jesus Christ church has been restored to this earth and we can know the exact way back to the father. If we just sit around and wait for Christ to come. we will be lost forever. and eternity... If we don't "act" we can’t progress and if we don't allow others to try, then we are just latter day hypocrites... and if we don't try ... were just latter day sinners.... We are all missionaries... If you want a tag just ask I will give you mine. What matters most is that we have that desire to bring all unto Christ... let people try and let them have the same chance we have to know the truth. If we sit and wait or fear to open our mouth, we are holding back on blessings that the lord has for us and so much more that can come from just trying.... you can’t " reap what you don't sow".... 
Yesterday we had a very spiritual and powerful lesson. We were given the opportunity to teach our land lord who is some kind of prophet or pastor for the Methodist church. Let’s just say this guy knows his stuff in the bible but I feel he is somehow blind.... he is very knowledgeable but we helped him to see out of his own bible that Jesus Christ did establish one church and as we showed him instead of him trying to proof us wrong he got quite and even said it himself "Jesus Christ only established one church. " Before going into this lesson the thought came " are you sure this guy knows his bible better then you".... Obviously that was not a thought from the spirit... The whole lesson scriptures came to me that I have never shared that helped him to know the truth. I felt the spirit testify to him the truth as it did to me and my companion. 
As we turn to the savior he will help us... No matter the situation He is there just look for him. 
I find myself and as we all do saying " why can’t it be easier" well know that were not the only one to ask that... someone much greater and wiser said the same thing.  Jesus Christ asked 3 times in the garden and turned to the father. He has felt it all and he has been through everything that each and every one of us feel.  Salvation is not cheap Mission has helped me to be thankful for every challenge that I have... He loves me and all of us enough to give us these challenges because he knows our heart and knows what we can and can't handle... I know that he only gives us challenges and trials that will help us to grow where our weaknesses are... so that we can be more like him.... As we turn to him he will help us and help us to make "weak things to become strong".... if we do not what he says though we have no promise....

As I have turned to him he has helped me... as I said last week I'm tired... like worn out some days. but I feel only as we follow his word, his commandments and gospel will we find strength... He will help us and no matter what we go through we are always there for us whatever our need is... 
Thanks for the support Ghana is still hot so send some snow this way ha-ha but it’s awesome... I'm just living the best life anyone could live. that’s on the lord’s errand... Life is good and we have so much... I love you all keep praying. and turning to the lord.


Love, Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment